Ages and Stages Questionnaires
Care to Learn Preschool uses the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) as a developmental screening tool. We ask each parent to fill out an Ages and Stages Questionnaire and an Ages and Stages Social Emotional Questionnaire for each child enrolled in our preschool program.
The first five years of life are very important because this time sets the stage for success in school and later adulthood. This is optimal time for your child to learn through play and experiences. It is important to ensure that each child’s development is proceeding without problems during this period. The Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) covers the following areas:
- Communication: looks at the child’s language skills, both what he/she understands and what he/she can say.
- Gross motor: looks at large muscle movement and co-ordination.
- Fine motor: looks at hand and finger movement and co-ordination.
- Problem-solving: looks at how the child plays with toys and the child’s problem-solving skills.
- Personal social: looks at the child’s self-help skills and interactions with others.
- Overall section addresses general parental concerns.
The Ages and Stages Questionnaire: Social-Emotional (ASQ-SE) complements the ASQ by providing information specifically addressing the social and emotional behaviour of children.
Please select the questionnaires below that are closest to the age your child will be when they start preschool, fill them out and give them to your child's preschool instructor on the first day of school.
- Ages and Stages - 30 Months
- Ages and Stages Social Emotional - 30 Months
- Ages and Stages - 33 Months
- Ages and Stages - 36 Months
- Ages and Stages Social Emotional - 36 Months
- Ages and Stages - 42 Months
- Ages and Stages - 48 Months
- Ages and Stages Social Emotional - 48 Months
- Ages and Stages - 54 Months
- Ages and Stages - 60 Months