Expectations for Home Schooling
As a home schooling family, we will have certain expectations of you.
- print and complete Form 2 (Home Education notification).
- enroll in a full-time program under the supervision of an associate school.
- develop a learning plan, which meets the Alberta Program of Studies outcomes.
- commit to at least 30 hours of study per week.
- complete daily assignments.
- attend meetings and submit progress reports to the supervising school.
- permit the associate school to conduct at least 2 evaluations of the progress of the student in each school year.
- write provincial achievement and diploma exams.
Students in grades 1 to 10 must register before September 30th of the current school year. Students enrolled in a high school program should do so in consultation with a high school career and course counselor or one of the Off-Campus Schools.
For more information about Off-Campus Schools and Outreach Education visit our Off-Campus Schools page