Success at Home Schooling
Students that experience successful home schooling programs tend to:
- have strong reading and writing skills.
- maintain a learning plan including regular times for home study, exercise and proper nutrition.
- have at least one family member supervising and assisting the student.
- have reasonable organizations skills.
- have a desire to do quality work.
- be avid learners about themselves and the world around them.
Students should be cautious about enrolling in a home-school program if:
- there is little or no home supervision
- reading is difficult
- special needs require numerous accomodations or special assistance.
If these statements describe you, then a home school situation may be made available to you.